Senior Network Engineer
The Network Engineer III will be responsible for participating in the activities associated with identifying and analyzing network requirements to develop detailed design specifications for data, voice, and video traffic as well as network enhancements; coordinates assigned projects for completion from beginning to end and effectively communicates results to end-user.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides network design services, ensuring adherence to departmental policies and procedures; coordinates and defines network requirements (i.e., design, configure, install, etc.) to include consulting with end-users to determine the scope and objectives of proposed networking configurations
- Monitors the timely and accurate analysis of end-user requirements; evaluates if network configuration is possible with existing resources and manages end-user expectations; develops and implements network backup and recovery plans.
- Organizes detailed implementation plans to accommodate network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing functionality of network equipment.
- Monitors network implementation, providing support in a timely and accurate manner; adheres to approved corporate and departmental policies relating to business procedures and philosophy.
- Designs network performance reports detailing network status for management in an accurate and timely manner.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Analyzes data traffic patterns within network infrastructure to detect operational problems and recommends improvements to ensure optimal performance.
- Identifies symptoms and instabilities in a timely and accurate manner, including performing analysis, capacity planning, and testing for organization’s network environment.
- Makes recommendations to management on enhancements to network for quality and reliability improvement of the network’s performance.
- Provides cost-effective recommendations to management; researches and identifies new technologies with the benefits of implementing those technologies.
- Provides network security by configuring routers, switches, firewalls, etc., according to security standards.
- Coordinates and participates in assigned projects, following the project from beginning to end, ensuring that the project continually supports the attainment of corporate goals and is completed in a timely, accurate, and quality manner.
- Meets with end-user to determine the project scope, providing direction and technical support during the project.
- Monitors the activities involved in quality resolution of complex technical issues; coordinates with appropriate departments to determine positive solutions; notifies management about any situation that could adversely impact the service provided to the end-user.
- Monitors trends in documented incidents and determines appropriate actions necessary to eliminate future occurrences and improve customer service levels in an appropriate time frame.
- Manages all telephone equipment, server, services and providers.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Knowledge in multi-vendor routing and switching technologies
- Knowledge of VoIP implementation and support
- Maintain network security through proper configuration of VPN, Firewalls and ACLs
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent documentation skills (instructions, procedures, diagrams and scripts)
- May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be fluent in English
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field and at least five years of network infrastructure experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience utilizing network security industry standards & best practices
- Extensive experience managing enterprise class networks and data center architecture