Senior Software Engineer
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs, develops, tests and delivers software solutions using one or more commercial languages as well as, open source tools. Develops and delivers software in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Manages projects while accepting responsibility over a specialized area. Provides good clear communications to stakeholders, setting expectations. Relies on own judgment, with feedback from Manager.
- Engages with key stakeholders to ensure requirements, schedules and all expectations are understood by the development team and stakeholders for assigned software solutions and software maintenance.
- Develops and executes automated unit testing for all assigned software solutions.
- Supports infrastructure and network teams in analysis and resolution of issues that are software solution related.
- Performs all functions necessary to take software solutions from planning to implementation. Escalates appropriately, if deadlines are in danger of being missed.
- Coordinates with management to ensure identification of appropriate schedules, goals, design criteria, methodology, etc.
- Shares knowledge, lessons learned and best practices among the team.
- Supports and guides the delivery of software solutions. Provides appropriate documentation.
- Follows all defined software solution methods, processes, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superb knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products (Bitbucket/JIRA/CONFLUENCE etc.) or similar tools
- Expert knowledge in at least 2 domains or technologies. Intermediate competency in most domains or technologies used in teams
- Keen ability to anticipate software malfunctions and quickly identify solutions
- Largely self-directed. May provide direction to individuals or small teams
- Influences associated teams for best practices and decisions
- Ability to break multi-week objectives into tasks. Able to decompose tasks and provide definition for others
- Ability to improve team productivity. Knowledge to assist with recruitment of associate/junior level positions
- Superior ability to manage projects to deadlines while avoiding undue time crunch for self and project team
- Well-respected and viewed as a key contributor cross-functionally. Influences and builds consensus across diverse teams
- Able to articulate core controls and requirements to business units
- Proactive in developing actionable programs that drive improvements and increase productivity/revenue/customer value
- Ability to mentor and coach junior team members effectively and create a positive learning environment. Able to set measurable objectives
- Ability to work with minimal supervision (Bi-weekly Check-Ins)
- Expert skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This job requires use and exercise of independent judgment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Software Engineering, Software Development, Mathematics or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
A minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a software engineer or similar IT role or related field required
IT certification in Java, C, Objective-C, C++, Perl & Python or similar formats preferred