Senior User Experience Designer
The Senior User Experience (UX) Designer is responsible for conducting user research activities, developing concept and detailed designs as well as, prototypes to deliver the best user experience for our products. The incumbent in this role collaborates with key business stakeholders, user groups, product management groups, product owners and development teams to align designs with customer needs and product requirements for solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads user research activities such as contextual inquiries, persona research, customer interviews and usability testing for various products.
- Develops conceptual and detailed designs for assigned projects which include: journey maps, information flows, wireframes, visual mockups, storyboards and prototypes to help outline the intended user experience of the product.
- Leads and models the development of interaction design patterns and visual design style guides along with development of user interface (UI) patterns library to ensure consistency and best design practices.
- Collaborates with key business groups, product owners, product managers and development teams to align design with the overall product requirements and business strategy.
- Manages milestones, deadlines and schedules for assigned projects from concept through execution.
- Evangelizes user-centered design and user experience research practices within the organization.
- Analyzes and documents research findings for projects; communicates results and recommendations to product and management teams.
- Conducts design reviews/heuristic evaluations and walkthroughs for the products.
- Provides mentorship to members of UX and product teams.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of various user research methods
- Thorough knowledge of principles and guidelines related to interaction design, information architecture, visual/graphic design and usability
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and work well with a multi-disciplinary, agile development team
- Skilled in setting priorities and organizing workload proficiently and productively
- Ability to function efficiently with limited direct supervision
- Ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong understanding of computer hardware, software and information technology
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent customer service skills
- Strong communication skills, with effective written and verbal interaction abilities
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- Ability and willingness to travel locally, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
- This position requires use and exercise of independent judgment
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Visual Communication, Computer Science, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience as a UX Designer with focus on web and mobile application design required
- A minimum of 5 years’ work experience with various modeling, design and prototyping tools such as Microsoft Visio or Omnigraffle, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision or similar tools required
- UX Design certification desired