Senior Web Application Developer
The Sr. Web Application Developer will be responsible for providing technical leadership and assumes overall accountability for a successful implementation phase on all client projects. Oversees employee, web developers and partner web developers, ensures technical solutions are properly architected and specified, and reviews all code for quality assurance purposes. Should have extensive experience in all phases of the web application development life cycle, as well as an excellent understanding of customer needs and business strategy. Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Delivers training to client personnel of various skill levels and technical capabilities. Candidates should have expertise in the development of multiplatform, distributed applications and object-oriented programming. In addition, they should be adept at working in a team environment and mentoring junior colleagues.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Designs and develops user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and features priorities throughout development life cycle; determining design methodologies and tool sets; completing programming using languages and software products; designing and conducting tests.
- Recommends system solutions by comparing advantages and disadvantages of custom development and purchase alternatives.
- Integrates applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems, search engines, and information servers.
- Creates multimedia applications by using authoring tools.
- Completes applications development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Supports users by developing documentation and assistance tools.
- Updates job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supports and develops web application developers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with any or all of the following: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server).
- Possesses strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Demonstrates solid understanding and experience with various software testing techniques, including unit, integration, functional, and performance testing.
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture and Mobile Friendly design.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree required.
- Possesses at least 3 years Enterprise development experience or 5 years as a web developer.
- Proven experience in installing, upgrading, and maintaining Web servers and associated operating systems, including Apache, https, MySQL, *nix.
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements.
- Experience in Zend Framework, PhalconPHP, AngularJS, Bootstrap, Material Design.