Sr. Business Intelligence (BI) Developer
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will work closely with business units and technical teams to understand, develop, improve, and maintain BI systems. The Business Intelligence Developer will use their skills and expertise to transform data into metrics, automated reports, and dashboards providing actionable insights to improve decision-making at all levels of the business. The Senior Business Intelligence Developer will have strong data management skills and communicate directly with internal clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a deep familiarity with a variety of data sources including transactional databases, data warehouses, internal tools, and external integrations.
- Specifies, analyzes, designs, implements and tests BI solutions to meet business needs.
- Develops reports, dashboards, and tools using SQL, SSRS, and QlikView, NPrinting, as well as other tools.
- Takes ownership of our data and constantly improve its quality and integrity; proactively identifying issues at every step and coordinating the implementation of required fixes.
- Partners with business stakeholders to understand their requirements and assist in the development of dashboards, visualizations and solutions tailored to their needs.
- Documents existing processes, architectures and code.
- Assists, mentors, and instructs lower-level developers and analysts as needed.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team.
Motivated self-directed, but with the ability to take direction from others.
- Strong data management skills
- Exposure to or experience with ETL processes. SSIS experience a huge plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Very good project management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to pay close attention to details.
- Proven ability to create and deliver communications (written and verbal) and presentations to audiences at all levels in the organization.
- Skilled at developing Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions.
- Proven ability to develop predictive data models using statistical and mathematical methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to partner, influence, consult and collaborate with all levels in the organization.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities; exceptional time management and organizational skill.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration, or related required.
- Master’s level-education with a combination of technical and business background a plus.
- Five (5) + years of experience analyzing and manipulating data from a variety of production systems and data platforms.
- Strong SQL skills and five (5) + years RDBMS experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, or Oracle, etc.).
- Three (3)+ years of healthcare industry experience (or equivalent educational background), and experience with EMR systems
- Proven experience working with business units; gathering their needs and creating solutions.
- Experience working with a variety of reporting and analytic tools (QlikView, NPrinting, and SSRS strongly preferred).
- Experience in query tuning and database engine optimization.
- Experience in database programming, stored procedures, data imports and exports.
- Some experience programming with a high-level scripting language (Perl, Python, C#, etc.).