Sr. Data Developer
The Senior Data Developer is responsible for extracting, transforming, and loading data from various sources (external and internal) into an enterprise-wide MDM, transactional database and data warehousing systems. The incumbent develops, documents, implements, maintains, and enforces the comprehensive data strategy, standards, and processes. Designs, constructs, and tests data structures and solutions. Supervision is received from a technical Manager who reviews work for achievement of desired results and provides assistance, analysis and user communications, as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Constructs ETL interfaces using SSIS to aggregate, cleanse and migrate data across enterprise-wide MDM, transactional database, and Data Warehousing systems using staged data processing techniques, patterns and best practices.
- Builds various components in SSIS for advanced data formatting and rules injection.
- Implements and maintains the Enterprise Relational database design including physical and logical data models
- Designs and develops database objects, tables, views, indexes, constraints, etc.
- Analyzes query execution plans and optimize database code.
- Constructs Data Access Adapters (Stored Procedures, SQL Views).
Other responsibilities may include:
- Works collaboratively as part of scrum development team by having the team success in mind.
- Produces a detailed functional design and architectural document to match customer requirements.
- Creates stored procedures and functions to incorporate complex database algorithms.
- Writes and understand complex SQL queries for MYSQL, MS SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Defines, documents, and develops new or maintain existing interfaces between applications, databases, and third-party systems to meet business requirements.
- Performs ad-hoc analysis of production data where necessary to develop solutions to reported incidents.
- Effectively communicate with the appropriate internal and external business and technical customers for information gathering and follow up.
- Designs & Maintains schema and databases for MySQL, MS SQL, and NoSQL.
- Defines and implements data validation processes to ensure data accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive Knowledge designing and implementing data solutions, including data modeling, for databases that serve multiple transactional applications.
- Expert knowledge of and experience with advanced techniques SQL and store procedures in MySQL, SQL Server, and/or Oracle.
- Fluency with relational databases, including structure design, ad-hoc SQL queries, and stored procedures.
- Experience in relational database design, optimization and performance with commercial-grade databases such as MySQL.
- Experience with data dictionaries, data analysis and relational databases.
- Familiarity with ERD tools (Erwin, data modelers).
- Proven data modeling skills and ability to create conceptual, logical, physical data designs.
- Ability to effectively query various database platforms to extract required information.
- Proven understanding of SQL optimization (Proper indexing and ability to interpret execution plans).
- Ability to understand business requirements and convert them into database designs.
- Proven ETL development skills (SSIS, Informatica, or equivalent ETL tool).
- Fluent in English.
- This position requires less than less than 10% of travel nationwide.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, MIS, or Mathematics Bachelor Degree, or equivalent education and work experience
- Five (5) + years ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) coding experience in relational databases.
- Two (2) + years’ experience analyzing and develop transactional and dimensional databases.
- Three (3) + years’ experience with MySQL, SQL Server or any equivalent relational database systems.