Sr Java Developer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Functions as a member of an Agile/Scrum software development team
• Designs, develops, tests and delivers software solutions using Java/Spring and open source tools
• Performs all functions necessary to take software solutions from planning to implementation
• Provides mentoring on industry standard software engineering practices and SDLC
• Engages with key stakeholders to ensure requirements, schedules, and all expectations are
understood by the development team and stakeholders for assigned software solutions and software
• Develops and executes automated unit testing for all assigned software solutions
• Supports infrastructure and network teams in analysis and resolution of issues that are software
• Stays current with technology trends in order to provide best options for solutions
• Shares knowledge, lessons learned, and best practices among the team
• Provides support and guidance for delivery of software solutions
• Provides appropriate documentation
• Follows all defined methods, processes, and procedures
. Mentoring junior developers on development guidelines at Chenmed
• Performs other tasks as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- • Expert Software Engineer leveraging Java/Spring and open source tools
• Expert developing Micro services using REST
• Expert across the full SDLC in an Agile / Scrum environment
• Extensive experience with continuous integration & deployment
• Experience developing and delivering single page applications Web applications
• Experience with object oriented design
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experience developing and delivering software in an Agile / Scrum environment
• Experience developing HTML5 (Angular, React and jQuery are a plus) responsive presentation single
• Knowledge of the Atlassian suite of products (GIT/JIRA/CONFLUENCE etc)
- Fluent in English.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Six (6) years of senior level in software development using different technologies.
- Four (4) years of senior level working with relational databases (MySQL, SQL Server).
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and design and usage patterns.
- Demonstrable experience with developing web based UI and UX (HTML and CSS).
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2012/2013, Team Foundation Server (TFS) & GIT.
- Experience with Java and JEE applications.
- Healthcare software design and understanding a plus.