Systems Administrator III
The Systems Administrator III is responsible for the management and health of all endpoint devices (both hardware and software) and enterprise information systems, providing Tier 3 technical support, and assuming additional operational work when available. As a senior position within the IT Operations team, the Systems Administrator III is accountable for systems and processes critical to the successful operation of enterprise IT, as well as their continual improvement.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that a remarkable level of customer service is provided at all times.
- Guide and mentor less senior staff, both within the IT Operations team and outside of it.
- Manage enterprise monitoring tools, such as SolarWinds Orion, including the evaluation, creation, and update of monitors and alerts, as well as respond to all alerts and notifications.
- Develop in-depth understanding of internally developed and retail applications used in the enterprise.
- Maintain, provision, and troubleshoot systems hardware platforms (servers, NAS devices, SANs, etc).
- Prioritize incidents and requests to facilitate quick resolutions and minimal disruption of business operations and assist team members in doing the same.
- Appropriately document work performed and communicate with stakeholders via email and the service management platform.
- Create and maintain standard operating procedures and knowledge bases.
- Participate in the IT Operations on-call support rotation.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced understanding of either Windows or Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience scripting and automating solutions to routine problems.
- Experience servicing computer hardware, both client and server.
- Experience using a service desk platform (ITSM or trouble ticket system).
- Understanding of network, compute, and storage interaction and setup.
- Understanding of client/server and web applications.
- Possess the ability and willingness to quickly adjust priorities as business needs shift.
- High level of conceptualization, analytical, logic, and reasoning skills.
- Fluent in English.
- May be required to travel up to 15% of the time.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of five (5) years experience providing technical support in a corporate environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years working within a dedicated, multi-tier technical team.
- At least two (2) entry level certifications (A+, MCP, etc.) or higher are required.
- At least one (1) mid-level certification (MCSA, RHCSA, etc.) is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a technical major (such as information technology or computer science) is preferred.