Systems Engineer 3
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs and installs the best solution possible to implement the servers and solutions that the company needs.
- Designs and installs the best solution possible to implement the load balancers solutions that the company needs.
- Completes configuration, installation and support of equipment in a Microsoft Windows, VMWare, Cloud and other virtualization environments to the specifications of company needs.
- Installs and troubleshoots company hardware and software applications.
- Applies knowledge of computing systems and software structure.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures.
- Creates flowcharts, diagrams and other documentation to document standard operating processes and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge and expertise by learning new and evolving technologies and by achieving appropriate industry and professional certifications.
Other responsibilities may include:
Manages assigned projects and program components to deliver services in accordance with established objectives.
- Deploys and supports Websites and DNS servers.
- Contributes to company vision and direction by helping improve technical practices through the selection of key, innovative technologies.
- Provides superb technical system and support to all users whose projects you support.
- Assists network engineers in troubleshooting difficult or time-sensitive problems.
- Assists other colleagues and engineers with projects, as a direct participant, to lend expertise as needed.
- May be required to work hours other than regular schedule such as nights, weekends and holidays.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Technical, analytical, interpersonal and organization skills required
- Knowledge of Windows Servers, workstations, MS Exchange, VMware, Citrix, anti-virus and other various software applications
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently. Attention to detail
- Availability in response to needs of the company for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Ability to lift and/or load 30 pounds
- Hand dexterity required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant work experience designing, configuring and installing hardware systems required
- Experience on Linux and JBoss preferred
- Experience and expertise in Microsoft Windows Server products, Microsoft Exchange products and related technologies such as backup systems, email systems, virus protection, desktop operating systems, network faxing, contact management, etc strongly preferred
- VMware, MCSE, SonicWALL, Citrix, CCNA, CCNE, experience desired