The Training Coordinator is the central hub to the Clinical COE that provides scheduling, tracking, logistics, and other administrative support for the organizational training function. The Training Coordinator will interact primarily with the training and onboarding teams and secondarily with training participants, internal customers, and other staff as needed. The incumbent will work directly with the Training Team and then ultimately will join the Shared Services team to provide ongoing support.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with the onboarding and staffing teams to track new hire start and training dates.
- Communicates with hiring managers/supervisors, employees, or patients as needed to ensure participation in training events.
- Maintains training schedules of offerings and facilitator assignments within the Learning Management System or externally for patient education programs.
- Tracks participant learning progress for classroom and webinar training delivery within the Learning Management System or externally for patient education programs.
- Distributes post-training evaluations to participants via an online survey tool, generate survey reports, and provide basic data analysis.
- Manages training material print and supply orders and delivery.
- Schedules training rooms, GoToTraining sessions, and travel arrangements as necessary.
- Posts participant and facilitator materials to file sharing sites as needed.
- Distributes training-related communications.
- Supports live and virtual classroom set-up and break-down (materials, technology, etc.).
- Supports the learning management system (LMS) and is a “super user” of the system.
- Responds to internal employee requests for information regarding training availability or certificates of completion or CME credit.
- Submits applications to Up-to-Date for access and communicate with accounts payable to have the invoices paid.
- Manages and maintains in-house training facilities and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communications skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task
- Must have excellent training skills and be self-motivated, precise and flexible
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software
- This position may require local travel 5-10% of the time
- Spoken and written fluency in English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- High School Diploma or GED required; experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis above the minimum required
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years of experience in scheduling/tracking, data entry, and other administrative support
- Understanding of the corporate training function preferred
- Familiarity with GoToTraining, SharePoint, learning management systems (LMS), and/or other similar tools a huge plus