The Training Specialist is member of the Talent Management, Organizational Development and Learning (TMODL) team and provides broad-based internal facilitation business needs . The mission is to enhance our organization’s performance, productivity, and profitability through its people. The focus areas include employee on-boarding, sales, leadership, and learning and development.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Rapidly learns training content (including systems where applicable) and deliver effective, consistent training using approved training materials.
- Participates in train the trainer sessions with instructional designers and SMEs.
- Travels to conduct team-facilitated train the trainer and end user training on process, tools, systems, roles/responsibilities, and soft skills.
- Participates in continuous improvement sessions with instructional designers, SMEs, market and national stakeholders, and other master facilitators.
- Supports training material updates and enhancements with direction from an instructional designer and in collaboration with other facilitators and SMEs.
- Conducts administrative work such as preparing for sessions, sending post-class communication and follow up, and track training completions.
- Other learning and development-related activities as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Superior research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated capabilities in teamwork, leadership, and judgment.
- Self-motivated and metrics-oriented.
- Strong commitment to developing and coaching others.
- Excellent written, verbal, and nonverbal communication skills.
- Production of high quality deliverables quickly and without errors (punctuation, content, formatting, spelling, etc.).
- Ability to rapidly master new systems and tools and effectively teach others.
- Intermediate proficiency with Learning Management Systems.
- Fluent in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- 35-40% travel possibly less over time.
- Ideal candidate will have experience training in one or more of the following:
New Hire Orientation
- Bachelor’s required.
- Master’s degree in communications, training/instruction design, or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) to three (3) years of experience facilitating classroom and virtual training (train the trainer and end user) in a corporate environment required.
- Some curriculum writing experience preferred.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills.
- PowerPoint – graphics, animation, master slide formatting, notes development, and basic storyboarding.
- Word – reference and table creation, master formatting, and document structuring.
- Experience with Captivate, Articlulate or other offering tools a plus.